Thursday, May 11, 2017

Review: Frankenstein

Frankenstein Frankenstein by Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Very spooky. Gave me many nightmares. I'm only going to call this book "the modern prometheus" from now on. I liked the framed narrative. I liked how there was a framed narrative inside a framed narrative at some parts when the monster was speaking. I liked all the stuff that was typical of romantic era writers, like descriptions of sublime nature and people from other cultures and the warnings about science going too far. I like how the monster was shown to be so intelligent and persuasive and have superhuman strength and speed. You really felt bad for him because it seems as though he could have done as much good as his creator had caused him to do evil. Even though the story was from Victor's perspective so it was constantly trying to make the monster look bad, you eventually came to the realization that Victor is really in the wrong. He shouldn't have just let his creature loose without becoming like a father to it or something. He didn't even give the monster a name. He really has no one to blame but himself for the death of his entire family.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment