Sunday, November 18, 2018

Barely Alive

I look in the mirror and see that I am barely alive, 
I’ve never looked worse, 
with eyes bloodshot and bags underneath them, 
corpse pale, paper-like skin, 
and hair like cobwebs, 
matted and neglected 
It is true each day we die a little more, 
I started to wither and wilt long ago, 
and my mind’s even worse, 
in a constant state of atrophy, 
I can feel it decaying, 
it’s a barren wasteland, 
there’s nothing worthwhile there, 
and now my body is reflecting externally, 
what for so long it felt inside, 
with stress-induced acne and the most unsightly weight gain, 
when I look in the mirror I feel detached, 
am I even here? 
is this even happening? 
Am I really me, and why am I not someone else? 
We are constantly spiraling towards oblivion, 
and our earthly form does not matter at all

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment