Wednesday, May 1, 2019

My Grandmother

Today's my grandma's birthday, so I'd like to dedicate this small piece of writing to her :)

I've never met someone as calm and peaceful as my grandmother. I aspire to that level of serenity. She's always in a zen state of mind. It's completely imperturbable. She has the most graceful, beautiful walk. It makes her look like she's gliding when she takes a stroll in my grandfather's garden.  I've known lots of people thinner and smaller than her, yet none of them had the same grace and dignity in their stride. Next to her, even the most lithe, young gymnasts would have a clumsy gait. Her face is regal and composed as a queen's and her long braid runs all the way down her back, swinging as she walks. She hums softly. Nothing can interrupt her then. Who knows what she thinks about when she hums? Her face doesn't register a lot of emotion for she is stoical as an empress. She has always been difficult to read. Her tunes mix with the birdsong in the garden. Although she is a good listener, she doesn't talk much. But she still spends a lot of time humming. She hums when she walks, when she folds long, white sheets, and before she prays. Even though my grandmother does not speak much and her voice is soft and gentle when she does, I have no doubts that she's the wisest woman I've ever met. She doesn't need to be loud when her words are always so profound and true. She doesn't need to use her words to express how much she loves me and the rest of my family, because she already uses her actions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment