Friday, August 23, 2019

Summer Updates


I'm gonna be honest with y'all, I haven't been productive this summer at all. I haven't written much except for this story called “The Delicate Warrior”  https://link.medium.com/ZwhjQt4epZ for Medium's Creative Cafe publication. It's about australian natives. That's pretty sad considering I wanted to start a novel or anthology of poems or some other big project, yet all I did was write that short story.
I've also done quite a bit of drawing, and I think my drawings turned out pretty good. I'll attach the images to this post so you can see.
So at least I've done something. It's not much but it's honest work lmao. The worst part is probably that I haven't been reading much lately. My Goodreads account is usually updated all the time in the summer because I read a lot when school's out but this time I really only read one book in the past month that is worth mentioning called "Circe" by Madeline Miller which was a really awesome retelling of the Greek myths.
Anything else interesting going on? Well I haven't travelled much over the summer like I did last summer. I'm planning a trip to Midland, Ontario soon though. They have a historical site there that's really interesting because it's where the Jesuit missionaries tried to convert the Wendat. I've been really hooked on the Wendat people for quite some time now.
God this summer was uneventful. But you know what, that's fine? Never measure your self-worth by your productivity because that's called internalizing capitalism. Besides it's my last summer before university starts and maybe I deserved a break. A real break for once.
Also I got a boyfriend recently. My first one xD . He's really handsome and smart. I was friends with him for a long time before he randomly confessed to me. I wasn't expecting it. Drop your relationship advice in the comments fam.
I'm glad I got to update this blog after a long period of inactivity. Stay tuned for more.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment