Wednesday, October 2, 2019

5 minute word sprint completely unfiltered/unedited

Contemplation. How I wish I had more time for contemplation. It is supposed to be the highest kind of human activity, and can only be done once one is free from necessity. Wasn’t it the goal of the ancient man to never have to work again? To focus on art and political action and ideas. It is what makes us human. Yet isn’t it strange that science, technology, and political institutions are making us even less human? We see them as signs of progress. But they take away what’s really important. They leave us with no time for contemplation. All that matters to me is art. And when I’m in love, all that matters to me is art and love. Yet women should never lose their identities when they are in love. Any love that requires us to sacrifice who we are isn’t worth it. Don’t compromise your morals. Be unshakable and firm in your principles. Or else what’s the point? My life has always been lonely. No siblings and only a few friends. Yet how many times have I sat down, with a storm in my mind, only to be interrupted by biological necessity?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment