Thursday, January 12, 2023

Birbs

 I realized I forgot to tell you guys about something that happened to me irl that felt surreal. So I had a phase where I was obsessed with Passenger Pigeons (they are an extinct birb that used to have a population of 5 billion in North America before they were hunted to extinction by the E*ropeans from the 1850s-1914). That's absolutely bonkers. Huge flocks of billions of birbs all gone. Anyways, I asked an ornithologist irl at a museum if he would show me taxidermy samples of Passenger Pigeons, and he actually did. He gave me a tour of his birb storage vault that is not available to the public and contains 150 Passenger Pigeon specimens. Here is a picture: 


It truly felt surreal seeing these irl. An extinct birb. Crazy stuff. I also decided to write a short story about Passenger Pigeons. If you're interested in reading it, here is the link to the Google doc: The Eye of the Bird: A Short Story

Enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment