Friday, October 9, 2026

Modern Dating is Designed to Traumatize Autistic Women

This post is not going to be very long I just needed to get something off my chest. I'm using a dating app now but I HATE IT. I think I'm going to delete it after a week because this is the worst thing I have ever experienced, and honestly I am just using it because of family pressure to date people. 

I need y'all to understand that my brain hates novelty, so I don't like new/unfamiliar people. I literally don't want to meet new people. I'm attracted to familiarity. Hanging out with the same 3 people all the time for hours doing the same things in the same places is peak, I don't care what anyone says. 

Also, I really love my friends. And it kills me that society expects me to feel the same depth of admiration, loyalty, and affection that I have for my friends for SOME GUY ON HINGE WHO CAN'T HOLD A CONVERSATION. ??? 

I think my friends have set my standards too high lowkey. One of my friends said "Wanting a partner to be better than your friends is a reasonable expectation. Don't lower your standards." But I always get treated better by people who like me platonically than the ones who like me romantically, so idk. Maybe I'll ask about this on Reddit lmao.