Saturday, August 4, 2018

My Interpretation of Wendat Myths

Didn't you know I'm not just a wannabe historian, I'm a wannabe folklorist/mythologist as well? Even though I consider myself an atheist, I love learning about religions, especially the ones that have rich mythological traditions. I think mythology is all about the ability of humans to think creatively and metaphorically. They're not to be interpreted literally, but to be analyzed to tell us about the values about the people/culture that wrote them. 

Recently I read a lot on the mythology of the Huron/Wendat people, who lived southeast of the Georgian Bay before they were dispersed by the Iroquois/Haudenosaunee. I've compiled my comments on them into the following paper, which I uploaded to Google Drive. The shared link is below. Enjoy.

Click here to read the paper



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment