Saturday, August 4, 2018

Sp00ky Windigo

Here is a sp00ky Windigo from Algonquian folklore! It's the creature that eats human flesh! Get sp00ked! This painting is probably by Norval Morisseau.


I've been reading "Three Day Road" by Joseph Boyden these days as I've already read his other two popular novels "The Orenda" (fricking amazing) and "Through Black Spruce" (meh). He's a really celebrated Canadian author and one of the only ones who writes historical fiction about indigenous people, so... I'll post a detailed review of his work on my blog and Goodreads account when I'm done (not that anyone would care xD) R.I.P me.
Oh yeah, here's a quote from "Three Day Road" that's really melancholic:
"I realized then that sadness was at the heart of the windigo, a sadness so pure that it shrivelled the human heart and let something else grow in its place. To know that you have desecrated the ones you love, that you have done something so damning out of a greed for life that you have been exiled from your people forever is a hard meal to swallow, much harder to swallow than that first bite of human flesh."
bEwArE!

So fam, stay tuned for a long book review on Joseph Boyden's work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment