Friday, January 1, 2021

2021 New Year's Resolutions

My new year's resolution is to read 100 books in 2021. I'm competing against one of my friends to see who can reach this target. I know this is going to be difficult as I usually read only 28-30 books a year. But it's not impossible. I set a target of 100 books on Goodreads for 2021.

Here are some of the books I plan on reading:

  • The Kite Runner (very popular novel. might read this one as well as A Thousand Splendid Suns by the same author)
  • Entering Sappho (a poetry collection)
  • Shades by Arthur Slade (a short story collection)
  • A Bride's Story manga (we agreed that a graphic novel is worth 1/3 of a regular book)
  • The State and Revolution by Vladimir Lenin (recommended by a communist friend)
...and many more!

Please let me know your recommendations for books I should read as well.

I'm also probably going to read a lot of historical fiction novels because I always do. Or perhaps some young adult fiction that's based on mythology or something. 

As a bonus, my other new year's resolution is to work on my self-esteem. This is probably going to be harder than the 100-book challenge. I don't even know how I can do this. ugh. I can't even think of a plan. I just really hate how I look. Maybe my goal will be to save up enough money for plastic surgery lmao. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment