Stuff about Catnip other than the fact that it attracts cats
Stuff about Catnip other than the fact that it attracts cats. It actually attracts only 50% of cats!!!!!!
Usually its the smell that attracts them and usually it repels cats under 7 months of age!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Moving on to the stuff thats actually cool...
- Its known to be a cockroach repellent!
- Ever wonder why bug repellent often fails to work? Its because it doesn't contain but repellent!!!! OMG! Its true that catnip kills pesky mosquitos better than most bug repellent!
- Catnip speeds up the healing of paper cuts and other tiny but painful annoying cuts.
- Repels mice. Probably because it contains the same kind of chemicals as male cat pee. Thats why if your cat is a male and uses the litterbox, there would probably fewer mice in ur house that are alive :-) This is also the reason why female cats are sometimes more attracted to catnip than male cats.
- Because catnip is part of the mint family, it goes good in tea.
- Catnip goes good in lemonade!
- Catnip helps minor digestion problems and stomach aches.
- Catnip treats headaches.
- Catnip treats scarlet fever.
- Catnip treats smallpox.
- Catnip treats toothaches.
- Catnip makes ur hair shiny if u wash ur hair in crushed catnip 8-D
Types of catnip:
There are many kinds of Catnip. This is a picture of Greek Catnip. Greek Catnip sucks and doesn't attract most cats.
The flowers are actually white with purple spots.
The most common/ best type for cats is called the 'Common catnip' It has white flowers.
Camphor catnip has a camphor scent.
Some other names for Catnip are:
- Cat's play
- Field Balm
- Herba Cataria
- Chi Hsueh Tsao
THE GREAT TEST
I think I have some catnip growing in my backyard. If so I shall try to see if Kowlin the Goblin King is attracted to them. (see Frypan's dictionary)