Friday, July 11, 2014

Valkyrie

Hey, fam!

So while I was cleaning my room, I stumbled across an old painting I made when I was 13 that brought back a lot of nice memories. So I thought, why not post it on my blog and talk about it? I thoguht it was really cute. This was the result of taking a few acrylic painting classes that really helped me to improve my art. If you'd like to check out some of my recent artwork, go to aztecatl13.deviantart.com

To be honest I'm quite proud. It turned out almost exactly the way I wanted it. 

I call this 'Valkyrie'. 




Ok, so this scene shows a Valkyrie from Norse mythology. The Valkyries were supposed to be beautiful women who rode on horses.  I made her a redhead 'cause redheads are better than blondes lmao. Valkyries were shield maidens (they carried shields and weapons such as spears) 'cause they were warrior women. The duty of a Valkyrie was to find the bodies of warriors who died on the battlefield and take them to Valhalla (the glorious afterlife that was reserved for the heroic dead). So, this picture shows a warrior about to die. Valkyries are lead by the goddess Freyja. ok yeah that's all. 

BAI. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment