Monday, February 12, 2024

Always ask your friends if they would still be your friend if you were a worm

Yer girl is back even tho I was super busy cause I was on my grindset (I told y'all 2024 was gonna be my Renaissance year).

Anyway this is just going to be some quick life advice for all of you. My life may not be perfect, but one thing that makes it enviable is this: I have the most loyal and based friends in the whole universe. I know they would eat a centipede for me, and I would eat a centipede for them.

Now I will admit I don't have the best social skills (one time I "asked out" a "classmate" and I talked about Aztec human sacrifice methods the entire time I was with him and he never talked to me again). But you don't actually need good social skills to have loyal friends. Someone who truly loves you will not care about your looks, just like someone who truly wants to be your friend will not care about your social skills.

The key is to pick people who value friendship and loyalty, and who believe in consistency. So it's about picking the right people, not larping as a different person. Don't waste time on people who don't match your energy or who think you are clingy or needy or have no life just because you know how to prioritize BOTH the grindset and the social life. Yes I can be available to my friends while still slaying academically and professionally. If you can't it's simply a skill issue.

Also, while it may be a little toxic and manipulative to "test" people's loyalty, it doesn't hurt to ask the simple question of if someone would still be your friend if you were a worm. I asked my friend this and she texted back "lmao of course" within 3 minutes. That's one of my biggest flexes. Top tier friendship right there and guess what? She is a super busy PhD student but she didn't use being busy as an excuse!

Also it's important to remember that you shouldn't cut people off or be rude if they don't match your energy. Simply shift your focus to others. I hope this helps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment